Sunday, October 17, 2010

Starting Over....

So I haven't updated in a while, now is as good a time as any.  I have hit a plateau in my weight loss. A plateau that I do not have time for.  I have about a week left to lose the last 7 pounds or 4 in to reach my weight loss goal for the navy.  I was almost done with the diet when I realized that my weight loss had all but come to a halt.  I have been very pleased with the results from this diet until now.  Week 4 just seemed like a lot of food with little to no structure like the weeks before.  I went back through the blog and saw that the bulk of my weight loss came during the first 2 weeks.  So I had to make a choice.  I have decided to break from the diet and start over.  So yesterday and today I ate normally to get my body thinking it is back to regular eating habits.  I gave it everything it was missing in the previous weeks.  Sugar, dairy, carbs, and processed foods.  I didn't totally pig out of course but I did at least reintroduce those items to my body.  So tomorrow I will start back from day one.  I am hoping that by starting fresh, it will 1) shock my body back into weight loss, especially coming off 2 days of eating normal foods, and 2) give me that last little push I need to reach my goal. 

I am going to try to stay with the eggs this time though. Even though I hate them, it must be done.  I bought some pre-cooked and peeled hard boiled eggs by Eggland's Best so I'll see if maybe those taste better than the ones I cooked.  I don't know how I could ruin a hard boiled egg but I think I found a way to.  I bought another cute little watermelon and some baby oranges as well. 

The real test comes with me going to the gym.  My goal is 2 times a day.  Once in the morning, and once after work.  And if I miss the morning then once before bed.  The mandatory 3 days a week PT I was going to after work has been postponed until November 1st so I will be doing all of this on my own.  I believe I can do it though.  Especially with the results I have been seeing as of late.

I was looking a t some pictures that were taken against my will a few months ago, and wow.  I already don't like pictures, but I really don't like pictures when I look like a damn prized cow.  I do plan on taking a few progress pictures in the clothes I was wearing in the chunky jen photos.  The clothes fit me way better now than they did in those pictures.  Sucks that those clothes were the only ones that fit, but really didn't fit they way they should either.  I also got into a few shirts that I wasn't able to wear a few months ago.  I have this plaid button down 1/4 sleeve shirt that I just love but haven't been able to wear because it was too tight on my arms, like to the point where I couldn't really move them and had to struggle to take it off.  I could button it but I looked like I was going to hulk out of it because there was so much behind the buttons.  I couldn't wear it unbuttoned because then I'd have my belly pudge poking out, which is just unattractive. So today, just for fun, I decided to try it on.  And it fit like it was supposed to.  Fit my arms perfect, buttoned with not problem, hung well when buttoned, and most importantly no belly pudge when left unbuttoned.  I didn't end up wearing the shirt because it was a little chilly out but it did feel good to add another article of clothing to my wear pile. 

I have complete faith in myself at this point in the game.  I have my eyes on the prize and I know what I need to do.  I also plan on going halloween costume shopping sometime this week so we'll see if I can lose a few pounds before doing that.  I have a few costumes in mind.  It pretty much boils down to a Princess Leia costume or a Robin Costume lol.  Either way I'll be a nerd. 

Tomorrow starts another beginning, hopefully the last beginning in my weight loss quest.  7 more pounds.  Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment