Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs
Lunch: Grilled meat, Cucumbers
Dinner: 2 scrambled eggs and one orange
I'm posting this on Sunday since I was stuck on duty on Saturday but I'm still going to talk as if I was posting this on the day it happened. For those of you that don't know what duty is...Basically I was at work for 24 hours. From 7am on Saturday until 7am on Sunday. I have to eat there, shower there, and eat there. So this meant I have to prepare all my meals ahead of time and bring them with me since I don't have a kitchen there, and ordering take out was not an option.
I don't know what it was about my eggs this morning, but they were friggen delicious. I think I was just starving lol. Plain 'ol scrambled eggs are so not delicious. I brought a whole orange to work again, and was nice, and shared :) I was actually really busy at work today. Just a lot of stuff to organize and people who needed help. I also watched the Noles whoop up on UVA. For lunch I had some grilled hamburger patties and some cucumbers with Cesar dressing. I got full about half way through the cucumbers. Guess its a good thing that I'm getting full faster. Just means my body has gotten used to not taking in as much food. When it came time for dinner I only ate the orange. I just wasn't sure how I'd like scrambled eggs reheated at 8 pm when I made them at 5:30 in the morning. So I passed. I ended up getting to go home early too. My chief let me go at 10 instead of making me stay all night. Great for me because I never get a good night's sleep there anyways.
So overall I'd say I was successful in sticking to my diet while on duty. Even when a friend of mine offered me a homemade empanada that smelled oh so delicious. And when I had to see everyone walking around with pizza boxes and chinese take out. I did however have a few peanut m&ms. Don't even feel bad about it. My mom told me that the best thing to do when you're dieting and you get a craving is to just let yourself have it. Don't over indulge of course, but once you satisfy your craving, you can move on. But it's partly to keep your sanity. In a way is was like motivation for me, because I know that once I reach my goal I can have the foods I want again. 18 more days until I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment