Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day One: Trying Not to Put the "Die" in Diet...

Day 1
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1/2 orange
Lunch: One kind of fruit, as much as you want (orange, strawberries, pears, apples, plums, cantaloupe, watermelon)
Dinner: Grilled meat, completely fat free.
 
So day 1 is in the bag.  Didn't start off so great though.  Apparently I'm not very good at boiling eggs. I didn't know that there was a time limit...i definitely left the eggs on the stove for about 30 minutes, drained the water, filled the pot with cold water, and then went to bed. In the morning I  just grabbed the egg, peeled it, and tried to eat it. I'm thinking this was a bad idea. Why didn't anybody tell me?!? First of all, I just don't like hard boiled eggs.  I can eat deviled eggs, but that's totally different; there is mayo, mustard, relish and stuff mixed in. But just a  plain hard boiled egg, gross.  So I ended up eating half, and spitting the other half out into the trash.  I'm hoping I'll have better luck tomorrow because hard boiled eggs are on the menu. blahhh.  On a lighter note, I handled the 1/2 orange like a champ :) 

Today was also day 1 of no coffee...yeah I wasn't loving that part.  I was Grumpy McGrumperson all morning.  I eventually got over it but I really did miss my morning grande caramel white chocolate mocha.  counting down the days until i can have another one. 

In between breakfast and lunch I was allowed to have a veggie. I chose a cucumber.  Delish.  2 hours later was lunch time.  I bought the cutest little watermelon.  I was super small and oh so yummy.  I had a problem though.  We had a farewell luncheon for one of the guys I work with.  Big problem was that I didn't want to go and not eat because all I was allowed to eat for lunch was watermelon, and who the heck wants sit around and watch everyone else eat. Luckily for me the menu said I was allowed grilled meat for dinner.  So I decided to eat dinner early.  The waitress asks what I want to eat, my reply...just a steak,medium rare. No veggies or mashed potatoes? Nope, just a steak. Are you sure, the veggies are steamed? Yeah no, just the steak thanks. Reminded me of Dane Cook, just the cheese.  I said that after and she was like you want cheese too? lol No sorry it was Dane Cook, just a steak thanks.   Steak comes out with onion rings on top.... apparently "just the steak" meant I wanted that on top.  The steak was pretty good, ate it slow since that was all I was going to be able to eat. Wasn't able to eat the fat part though, totally the best part. :( boo.

Overall, I'd say Day 1 was a success.  I know it will get harder. But for now it isn't that bad.  This weekend I'm going to work on hiding my snacks.  There's a bag of cheese doodles sitting on the table in front of me right now and it is taunting me.  Damn you baked cheese flavored corn snacks.  Damn you to cheese doodle hell! 
 
Hopefully I'll be able to handle the hard boiled eggs better tomorrow. I'm supposed to eat 3 of them :( so not looking forward to that.  Day 2 starts bright and early....stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. This should help:

    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/BoiledEggs.htm

    I like hot sauce on my boiled eggs. Are you allowed to have that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it doesn't say i can but it also doesn't say i can't

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you should do that. Get some Texas Pete and spice those eggies up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try it in the morning. I don't have TP though. I have Louisiana. TP is for the navy. lol

    ReplyDelete