Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 3: Here's to hoping a tomato doesn't ruin everything...

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1/2 orange
Lunch: One tablespoon of fat free cream cheese, one slice of toast and tomato
Dinner: Grilled meat, Green Salad

Day 3. Another egg...ugh. Today I tried a different approach.  I peeled it, mashed it up into little bits, added some salt, pepper, and hot sauce.  Yeah, didn't help. It was still a hard boiled egg. I'm wondering if i can just scramble the egg and if would be the same thing.  Like if i didn't add anything to it.  I could use calorie-free cooking spray, or no spray at all. I have Rachael Ray pots and pans, they're non stick so i wouldn't even need the spray.  The question is, is there actually any sort of difference in nutritional value between a hard boiled egg and a scrambled egg?  And if there is absolutely no way to get out of eating a hard boiled eggs, is there a better way to do it? A way to make them easier to stomach and less painful to eat?? 

Lunch was pretty painful too.  Siked for the toast again, not so so much the cream cheese.  I'm not what it is about cream cheese that I just don't like.  I can eat cream cheese frosting but not plain cream cheese.   It was only a tablespoon of cream cheese so i just ate it super fast. I didn't eat the tomato though. That was just something i wouldn't be able to just eat.  I made the compromise with the hard boiled egg and cream cheese, but I can't eat tomatoes.  Those of you who read my facebook status you'll know that I've dedicated many a status to my frustration with fast food restaurants forgetting to take off the tomato I specifically asked to be removed. I pick it off myself and then my chicken sandwich or burger still tastes like tomato. Ew. So hopefully I didn't ruin everything by skipping the tomato.  I mean if a tomato does ruin it all, then this diet blows and maybe the creator needs to reconfigure a few things. 

My 12 year old cousin was in town today, and is staying the night at my house.  I had dinner a bit early so that she would be able to eat real food.  We went to Applebees. She got the delicious smelling fajitas, and I had a grilled chicken cesar salad; no croutons, no cheese, added cucumbers.  Still stayed true to the diet, even with the dessert menu staring directly into my soul.... Luckily for me, having a 12 yr old in the house, I got rid of some of my tempting snacks.  Then she bought a giant bag of swedish fish that I can't eat :( jerk. lol

But i digress.  I'd say day 3 went pretty well.  I was able to go to the gym today, for about an hour.  pretty proud of myself.  day 4's challenge comes with sunday football marathon and no beer or wings :( sad face.  so hopefully everyone will have have a beer and a wing or two for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be drinking martinis and eating bacon and eggs in your honor. This blog is phenomenal. Keep it up, you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you really like it? :) You're like my biggest fan lol

    ReplyDelete